Zakk Wylde Overview
Zakk Wylde (born Jeffrey Phillip Wielandt; January 14, 1967 in Bayonne Bayonne, New Jersey , New Jersey) is an American United States musician and songwriter, who is best known as the guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne and founder of the heavy metal heavy metal music band Black Label Society. He was the lead guitarist and vocalist in Pride & Glory Pride and Glory (band) , who released one self-titled album in 1994 before disbanding. As a solo artist he released Book of Shadows Book of Shadows (album) in 1996.
He is known for his use of Gibson Les Paul Custom model guitars with a "bulls-eye" graphic on them, a design he used to deliberately differentiate himself visually from Randy Rhoads - who was also frequently identified by his white Les Paul Custom. Interestingly, one of Wylde's favorite stage guitars of late is a replica of Rhoads' Flying V Gibson Flying V . The "bulls-eye" paint job was originally supposed to look like the spiral from the movie Vertigo Vertigo (film) , but when it came back incorrect from the luthier, he liked the result and stuck with it.
Wylde's signature Les Pauls include a red flame-maple bulls-eye model, a black and antique-white bulls-eye model, an orange "buzz-saw" model, the pattern on which was inspired by a design on a Zippo lighter ,
Live: Zakk exclusively uses Marshall JCM 800's (original 2203's w/ 6550's, not his sig. model)with twin 4 X 12 Cabinets loaded with EVM12L 300W Black Label Speakers.
His usual signal path consists of his guitar > Dunlop Wylde Wah > Dunlop Rotovibe > MXR Carbon Copy > MXR EVH Phase 90 > MXR Wylde Overdrive > MXR Black Label Chorus split signals one to each distorted amp. In certain songs Zakk uses either a Rocktron Banshee or Dunlop/MXR Talk Box, a Boss OC-2, and various misc. pedals, however these are only used in the studio and never used live.Wylde's health has come under scrutiny for several years. Wylde was asked by Sharon Osbourne to attend rehab, but left very early on.
In August 2009, Wylde was hospitalized due to blood clots.
* Wylde has made guest appearances on various albums, such as Damageplan's debut album, New Found Power, as guest vocalist and guitar on the tracks "Soul Bleed" and "Reborn", Dope Dope (band) , as solo guitar parts on their first single, "Addiction" from their newest album, No Regrets.
* He has also worked on four of Derek Sherinian's solo albums: Inertia Inertia (Derek Sherinian album) , Black Utopia, Mythology Mythology (Derek Sherinian album) , Blood of the Snake and Molecular Heinosity alongside Yngwie Malmsteen and others.
* Wylde was also a judge for the 8th annual Independent Music Awards The Independent Music Awards . His contributions helped assist independent artists' careers.
* On August 1, 1993, Wylde appeared on stage with the Allman Brothers on lead guitar since Dickey Betts was unable to make the show, and they needed a guitarist at the last minute. This show is documented on the bootleg "Zakk Goes Wylde".
* Wylde is a New York Yankees fan. He performed the National Anthem on the electric guitar during a New York Rangers game in October 2005. He has also played the anthem at Los Angeles Kings and Dodgers Los Angeles Dodgers games. A video of a Kings performance is included as an extra feature, on the DVD Boozed, Broozed, and Broken-Boned.
* On February 1, 2007 Wylde and Nick Catanese began a tour of acoustic shows at the Hard Rock Cafe in various cities across North America. Although Catanese had to leave mid-tour due to unspecified personal reasons, Wylde continued to play shows alone. He performed several songs, on both the acoustic guitar and keyboard. The tour was eventually canceled due to unspecified reasons.
Film and television
* Wylde's film credits include Rock Star Rock Star (film) (As "Ghode", guitarist of the fictitious band Steel Dragon)
* Wylde also appeared on the TV show Angel Angel (TV Series) in the season four episode "The Magic Bullet The Magic Bullet (Angel episode) " where he plays acoustic on the song "Mandy Mandy (song) " while Angel and Conner sing along.
* Wylde has also appeared as a guest star on the TV show Aqua Teen Hunger Force. In it, he plays guitar on a track produced by Master Shake that is supposed to become the next big birthday song, which is called "Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary." Wylde becomes irate when he finds out that Shake cannot pay him for his input on the project. Later in the show, Wylde is killed when caught between the crossfire of two robotic banjo-playing scorpions.
* On September 26, 2003, Wylde appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and sat in with the house band. During the course of the night he repeatedly made fun of and threatened to beat up Fred Durst, the front man for Limp Bizkit.* On January 30, 2007, Wylde, alongside Black Label Society, were the musical guests for MTV's Wrestling Society X debut episode. He worked the night as a guest commentator as well.
* On February 2, 2007, Wylde guest hosted on Seattle's 99.9 KISW KISW-FM on the afternoon program The Men's Room.
* On the May 18 edition of WWE Smackdown! WWE Friday Night SmackDown , Wylde appeared with Ozzy Osbourne to perform the song "I Don't Wanna Stop", at the First Mariner Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
* Wylde performed alongside Osbourne on the 2007 VH1 Rock Honors broadcast (featuring tributes to and performances by ZZ Top, Heart Heart (band) , Genesis Genesis (band) , and Osbourne).
* On October 18, 2009, Zakk Wylde performed the National Anthem on TNA's biggest PPV, Bound for Glory before the matches officially started.
* In Bones a new movie coming out soon, directed by Frank Pestarino.
* Wylde recorded a guitar duel for the video game Guitar Hero: World Tour. He also appears as a playable character performing the song Stillborn Stillborn (song) .
* Some of Wylde's signature guitars have been for sale to play with throughout the Guitar Hero series. These include "The Grail", "The Camo Grail", and "The Buzzsaw".
* Wylde was featured in the first Guitar Hero Guitar Hero (video game) with the studio version recording of Fire it Up Fire It Up (Black Label Society song) .;With Black Label Society
* 1999: Sonic Brew
* 2000: Stronger Than Death
* 2002: 1919 Eternal
* 2003: The Blessed Hellride
* 2004: Hangover Music Vol. VI
* 2005: Mafia Mafia (album)
* 2006: Shot to Hell
;With Ozzy Osbourne
* 1988: No Rest For The Wicked No Rest for the Wicked (Ozzy)
* 1991: No More Tears
* 1995: Ozzmosis
* 2001: Down to Earth Down to Earth (Ozzy Osbourne album)
* 2007: Black Rain Black Rain (Ozzy Osbourne album)
* 1994: Pride & Glory Pride and Glory (album)
* 1996: Book of Shadows Book of Shadows (album)
* The text above is either a part or the full text originally published at http://www.wikipedia.org/
* The text above is subject to CC-BY-SA: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.