Vanessa Paradis Overview
Vanessa Chantal Paradis (born 22 December 1972) is a French French people singer, model model (person) and actress. She became a child star at 14 with the huge worldwide success of her single "Joe le taxi". Since then, she has accomplished a career in music, movies and modelling.
Vanessa Paradis was born on 22 December 1972 at Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, near Paris. She has a younger sister, Alysson Alysson Paradis , born 29 May 1982. Alysson Paradis is now an actress and theater comedian.
Vanessa Paradis spent her childhood in Villiers-sur-Marne with her parents, André and Corinne Paradis.
Vanessa Paradis was attracted to cinema early on. Her admiration for Marilyn Monroe lead her to take dance and piano lessons.
She spent a lot of time with her uncle, Didier Pain, and his musician friends.
Her first TV appearance was on the show L'École des fans in 1981. She recorded her first single, "La Magie des surprises-parties", in 1983 and performed it in an Italian festival in 1985 but lost the first prize.
Although "La Magie des surprises-parties" was not a hit, it paved the way for the song with which she would become internationally famous, "Joe le taxi", in 1987, while she was still only 14 years old. It was #1 in France for 11 weeks and, unusually for a song sung in French, was released in the United Kingdom the following year (25 January), where it reached #3. It was taken from her first album M&J (it stands for Marilyn & John) which, although it gained a number 13 placing in France, drew little attention in the UK and did not chart. In March 1989, aged 16, she decided to drop out of high school in order to pursue her career.
She then released Variations sur le même t'aime in 1990, containing a remake of the Lou Reed song "Walk on the Wild Side". The album was written by acclaimed French composer Serge Gainsbourg, whom she met when she received the best singer award at Les Victoires de la Musique, on February, 4th 1990.
In 1990, Paradis won the 1990 César Award for Most Promising Actress for her role in Noce Blanche.
In 1991, Paradis promoted a fragrance for Chanel, titled Coco. In the advertisement, she was dressed in all black and feathers, portraying a bird swinging in a cage. The advert was shot by Jean-Paul Goude.
In 1992, she moved to the United States, to work with rock musician Lenny Kravitz. Paradis started working on a new album in English, a language in which she was now fluent. Written and produced by Kravitz, the album, titled Vanessa Paradis, topped the French chart and briefly made the UK listings (number 45). One of the singles from it was "Be My Baby", which made number 5 in France and gave her another Top 10 UK hit (number 6).
In March 1993, Paradis started her first international tour, the "Natural High Tour"; she performed in France, England and Canada. The tour was canceled before she could perform in Japan and in the U.S, for health reasons.
In February 1994, Vanessa Paradis live was released in France.
In April 1994, Paradis filmed Élisa Élisa (film) , under the direction of Jean Becker Jean Becker (director, actor) ."Elisa" was a big success in France, and was released internationally.
In 1996, Paradis played in Un amour de sorciere with Jeanne Moreau and Jean Reno, before filming 1 chance sur 2, with Alain Delon and Jean-Paul Belmondo.
In March 1999, La fille sur le Pont, by Patrice Leconte was released. This movie was shot and released in black and white.
In 2004 she promoted Chanel's new handbags called Ligne Cambon. In 2005 she modeled for Chanel again for The New Mademoiselle handbag. In 2008 she modeled for Miu Miu.
On the musical side, she is included in the French children's album and concert Le Soldat Rose in 2006. Paradis released a new album (Divinidylle) in 2007 which was released in the UK in december, 11th (September in France). There are three versions (regular, limited edition, and the Christmas edition). She started the Divinidylle tour in October. Some concerts were filmed and a DVD/CD of the tour was released. Her latest film DVD release is La Clef. Also, Vanessa won two Les Victoires de la Musique awards for this album in February 2008. Some of her later projects include a greatest hits cd (Best of Vanessa Paradis) which includes the commercial jingle "I love Paris in the Springtime"; there were also the films The Midwife Crisis and Un monstre à Paris April, due to be released in 2010.Vanessa Paradis has been in a relationship with American actor Johnny Depp since 1998. They have a daughter, Lily-Rose Melody Depp (born 27 May 1999), and a son, John Christopher "Jack" Depp III (born 9 April 2002).
They divide their time among houses in the Hollywood Hills and their farm in Plan-de-la-Tour, South of France, a house in the village of Timsbury, Somerset, and also own apartments in Paris, Manhattan and an island in the Bahamas. Paradis' 2000 album Bliss Bliss (Vanessa Paradis album) , another French chart topper, was dedicated to Depp and their daughter.
Paradis has a sister, actress Alysson Paradis, who is younger by 10 years and has starred in many French horror films. The actor and film producer, Didier Pain, is their uncle.* M&J (1988)
* Variations sur le même t'aime (1990)
* Vanessa Paradis Vanessa Paradis (album) (1992)
* Live Live (Vannessa Paradis album) (1994)
* Bliss Bliss (Vanessa Paradis album) (2000)
* Au Zénith (2001)
* Divinidylle (2007)
* Divinidylle Tour (2008)
* Best of Vanessa Paradis (2009)
* Noce Blanche (1989)
* Élisa Élisa (film) (1995)
* Witch Way Love (Un amour de sorcière) (1997)
* Half a Chance (Une chance sur deux) (1998)
* The Girl on the Bridge (La fille sur le pont) (1999)
* The Return of James Battle (Atomik Circus - Le retour de James Bataille) (2004)
* My Angel My Angel (film) (Mon ange) (2005)
* The Midwife Crisis (Sage femme) (to be released in 2009)
* Heartbreaker Heartbreaker (2010 film) (L'arnacoeur) (in production summer 2009, to be released in 2010)
* Lost in La Mancha (2003). Never finalized film. Vanessa played a secondary role.
* The Magic Roundabout The Magic Roundabout (film) (2005). Vanessa lends her voice to the character of Margote.
* La clef (2007). Vanessa plays a secondary role.* 1990 : César Award of "Most Promising Actress" for Noce Blanche.
* 1990 : Victoire De La Musique: "Female Performer of the Year".
* 1990 : Prix Romy Schneider
* 1991 : Victoire De La Musique: "Video of the Year" for Tandem, directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino.
* 1999 : Nomination to César Awards for "Best Actress" for La fille sur le pont.
* 2001 : Nomination to NRJ Music Awards of "Francophone Female Artist of the Year".
* 2001 : Nomination to NRJ Music Awards of "Francophone Album of the Year" for Bliss Bliss (Vanessa Paradis album) .
* 2007 : Named "Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres".
* 2008 : Nomination to NRJ Music Awards of "French Album of the Year" for Divinidylle.
* 2008 : Nomination to Trophy Women's Gold in the category "Shows".
* 2008 : Victoire De La Musique: "Female Performer of the Year".
* 2008 : Victoire De La Musique: "Pop Album of the Year" for Divinidylle.
* 2009 : Victoire De La Musique: "Best Music DVD of the Year" for Divinidylle Tour
* The text above is either a part or the full text originally published at http://www.wikipedia.org/
* The text above is subject to CC-BY-SA: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
by Shiraishi Minoru & Takahashi Shinya (Ga-Rei Zero Character Song Vol.3 - Sakuraba Kazuki & Iizuna Noriyuki)
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.