Useless I.D. Overview
Useless ID is a four-piece punk rock band, formed in Haifa, Israel in 1994. Known as one of the most successful Israeli punk bands worldwide.
At its first years, the band was mainly active in the Israeli punk scene, and released two studio albums independently, on its own label "Falafel Records", named after band member's favorite food, the falafel. The band's singer at the time was rhythm guitarist Guy Carmel.
Two years after the band's formation, the four members decided to play shows in the United States, and toured around the country for 6 months. This successful tour was followed by five more tours around North America, two around Europe and one in Japan. In 1996, upon returning to Israel from the tours, the band's bassist Adi Alkavatz was replaced by Yotam Ben-Horin.
The band's international breakthrough happened in 1999, after The Ataris frontman, Kris Roe, heard the band and invited it to record a split album for Kung Fu Records. The album, titled Let It Burn, featured 7 songs by the Ataris and 8 songs by Useless ID. The song "Too Bad You Don't Get It" was also featured on Fat Wreck Chords' compilation, Short Music for Short People that same year. After the release of Let It Burn, the band was signed to Kung Fu Records, and in 2001 the band's third studio album, Bad Story, Happy Ending, was released. The album was produced by Kris Roe. This was the first album by the band to feature bassist Yotam Ben-Horin on lead vocals. Ben-Horin eventually became the band's frontman and main composer and lyricist.
In 2003 the band released another album via Kung Fu, titled No Vacation from the World, with Angus Cooke co-producing the album with the band, and additional production by Tony Sly of No Use for a Name.
A year later, the band was featured in the Fat Wreck Chords' Rock Against Bush, Vol. 2 compilation, with the song "State of Fear". After returning to Israel, the band released its 5th album, Redemption Redemption (Useless ID album) , in December of 2004 in Israel and Japan, and July 2005 in the rest of the world. This album was produced by Bill Stevenson Bill Stevenson (musician) of Descendents Descendents (band) fame, and recorded at The Blasting Room in Colorado between March and April of 2004. Drummer Ido Blaustein left the band prior to the recording of the album. Moshe Liberman played drums on the album, but Yonatan Harpak of Israeli punk band Punkache joined as the official drummer prior to the release of the album.
Still in 2004, the band took part in the movie "Jericho's Echo", directed by Liz Nord, which dealt with the Israeli punk Punk subculture and hardcore hardcore punk scene.
On September 2006, the band released a DVD, titled Ratfaces Home Videos Presents Useless ID, containing live and studio video clips of the band.
In 2008 the band returned to the Blasting Room, to record its sixth studio album, again with Stevenson as producer. On July 24, 2008, it was announced that the album, to be titled The Lost Broken Bones, will be released via Suburban Home Records on October of that year.
After the recording of the album, the band left for a brief tour around the United Kingdom, and in June 2008, the band played live in Trafalgar Square, London, as part of the "Salute to Israel" event. After another tour in Japan and China in September, the band returned to Israel for a special release show of The Lost Broken Bones on October 18, 2008, at the Barby club in Tel Aviv, joined by famous musicians from the Israeli mainstream music scene, including Danny Sanderson, Muki and more.
The band finished off 2008 with an Israeli tour supporting The Lost Broken Bones, playing in Haifa, with Betzefer and Friday Night Sissy Fight, in Tel Aviv with Got No Shame and Kill The Drive, and in Jerusalem with Man Alive Man Alive (band) , Mondo Gecko and Evenyaru.
In Purim 2009, the band joined Betzefer and Almana Shchora for a special Purim show in Tel Aviv.
After opening for two shows of No Use for a Name in Tel Aviv, Israel, Useless ID joined to support them on the remaining of their summer European dates, around all Europe, during June and July.
In the summer of 2009, the band recorded an album in Hebrew, with Israeli hip hop hip hop music /reggae artist Muki Muki (singer) , in which the band wrote and played all the music, and Muki was responsible for all the lyrics. Useless ID singer Yotam Ben-Horin co-sings on some songs. The band celebrated the launch of the project with a tour across Israel, starting with the first show on August 15, 2009, at the Barzilay Club in Tel Aviv.
In September 2009, Yotam Ben-Horin has finished recording his solo acoustic acoustic music album, and started writing material for the next Useless ID album. His solo album is due for release in early 2010.
The Muki Muki (singer) and Useless ID collaboration album Muki & Useless ID was released on January 7, 2010, followed by an official release show on January 28, 2010, at the Barby club in Tel Aviv.
In May 2010, frontman Yotam Ben-Horin has confirmed that he wrote most of the material for the band's next album, with only some writing left and plans to record the album in the end of 2010.
In July 2010, the band went on a European tour with Gideon Berger of Kill the Drive filling in on drums, as the band's drummer Yonatan Harpak was busy doing his own business and couldn't leave the country for the tour.;Current members
* Yotam Ben-Horin - lead vocals, bass (2000 / present)>, bass, backing vocals (1996 / 2000)>
* Ishay Berger - lead guitar, backing vocals (1995 / present)>
* Guy Carmel - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2000 / present)>, lead vocals, rhythm guitar (1994 / 2000)>
* Yonatan Harpak - drums, percussion (2004 / present)>
* Gideon Berger - drums, percussion (2010)>
* Ido Blaustein - drums, percussion (2000 / 2004)>
* Ralph Hobri - drums, percussion (1994 / 2000)>
* Adi Alkavatz - bass (1994 / 1996)>
* 1997 1997 in music - Dead's Not Punk (Falafel Records/Yo-Yo Records)
* 1999 1999 in music - Get in the Pita Bread Pit (Falafel Records)
* 2001 2001 in music - Bad Story, Happy Ending (Kung Fu Records)
* 2003 2003 in music - No Vacation From The World (Kung Fu Records)
* 2005 2005 in music - Redemption Redemption (Useless ID album) (Kung Fu Records)
* 2008 2008 in music - The Lost Broken Bones (Suburban Home Records)
* 2010 2010 in music - Muki & Useless ID (Hatav Hashmini)
EPs and splits
* 1995 1995 in music - Demo (Hashsub) (Falafel Records)
* 1995 1995 in music - Room of Anger (Falafel Records)
* 1997 1997 in music - Split with All You Can Eat All You Can Eat (band) (Farmhouse Records)
* 1998 1998 in music - Split with Spyhole Useless ID/Spyhole (Yo-Yo Records)
* 2000 2000 in music - Split with Tagtraum Useless ID/Tagtraum (Vitaminepillen Records)
* 2000 2000 in music - Let it Burn, split with The Ataris (Kung Fu Records/Yo-Yo Records)
* 2003 2003 in music - Split with Man Alive Man Alive/Useless ID (Dying Is Deadly Records)
* 2004 2004 in music - Attack of the B-Killers, split with Man Alive Man Alive (band) , Yidcore and Atom and His Package Adam Goren (Boomtown/MGM)
* 1996 1996 in music - Breaking the Cultural Curfew - "Is It Right" (Beer City Records)
* 1998 1998 in music - No Fate Vol. IV - "Something" (H.G. Fact Records)
* 1999 1999 in music - Short Music for Short People - "Too Bad You Don't Get It" (Fat Wreck Chords)
* 2000 2000 in music - You Call This Music?! Volume 1 - "Lonely Heart" (Geykido Comet Records)
* 2004 2004 in music - Rock Against Bush Vol. 2 - "State of Fear" (Fat Wreck Chords)
* 2008 2008 in music - Avoda Ivrit (Hebrew Work) - "Lu Hayiti Pirat" ("If I Was a Pirate")
**A four-CD compilation of Israeli songs celebrating the 60th anniversary of the establishment of Israel.
* 2006 2006 in music - Ratfaces Home Videos Presents Useless ID
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.