QueenAdreena are an independent rock band from London, which is currently signed to One Little Indian Records. Vocalist KatieJane Garside and guitarist Crispin Gray had previously collaborated in the celebrated but short-lived band Daisy Chainsaw. They were joined by drummer Billy Freedom and bassist Orson Wajih and then released their first album, Taxidermy Taxidermy (album) , in 2000, on the Blanco y Negro Records imprint. After its release, the band's name was changed slightly, from "Queen Adreena" to "QueenAdreena," and subsequent releases reflect this.
Billy Freedom was replaced in 2002 by drummer Pete Howard, formerly of The Clash. The band signed with Rough Trade Rough Trade Records for their second album, 2002's Drink Me Drink Me (album) , featuring the single "Pretty Like Drugs." Rough Trade dropped them shortly after the release of Drink Me, and Wajih left the band at that time. The band signed with One Little Indian Records and released 2005's The Butcher and the Butterfly with KatieJane's sister Melanie Garside on bass, who left soon after and was replaced by Paul Jackson Paul Jackson (Musician/Artist) (not the fusion bassist Paul Jackson (bassist) of the same name).
Following The Butcher and the Butterfly the band recorded a live album at the Institute of Contemporary Arts titled Live at the ICA. Later Paul Jackson was replaced by Nomi Leonard. During this time QueenAdreena independently released Ride a Cock Horse Ride a Cock Horse (album) , an album composed of early demos.
In 2008, QueenAdreena released the album Djin in Japan on Imperial Records Teichiku Records .
* Taxidermy Taxidermy (album) , 2000 (Blanco y Negro Records)
* Drink Me Drink Me (album) , 2002 (Rough Trade Records)
* The Butcher and the Butterfly, 2005 (One Little Indian Records)
* Live at the ICA, 2005 (One Little Indian Records)
* Ride A Cock Horse, 2007 (Independently Released)
* Djin Djin (QueenAdreena album) , 2008 (Imperial Records)
* The text above is either a part or the full text originally published at http://www.wikipedia.org/
* The text above is subject to CC-BY-SA: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.