Otep (also written as OTEP or OT3P) is an American United States heavy metal Heavy metal music band formed in 2000 in Los Angeles, California by Otep Shamaya.
Otep is a four-person Metal band that began in Los Angeles, California in early 2000. They were invited to play Ozzfest before they had even signed to a label after Sharon Osbourne witnessed a brief part of their live performance. They have since played Ozzfest several times. They have labeled themselves a fusion band; this is most likely due to the fact that they use a mixture of poetry, spoken word, and nu-metal aspects.
Today the band has released four full length albums, and one EP. They have toured to support the release of all their full length releases; they are currently on the Rise, Rebel, Resist tour as of February 2010.
On April 6, 2009, it was announced that Otep is now signed to Victory Records. On April 7, 2009 Shamaya announced that the new album will also mark the band reuniting with former members Mark "Moke" Bistany on drums and Rob Patterson on guitar. Otep stated a song titled "Rise, Rebel, Resist" from the new album Smash the Control Machine released on August 18th, 2009. However, "Smash the Control Machine" would be the first song heard off the new album, receiving air play in June 2009. The album featured Koichi Fukuda on piano, and Emilie Autumn on violin. The band appeared with 2Cents, Five Finger Death Punch & Shadows Fall on the 'Shock & Raw Tour' of North America in the fall of 2009.
An article in the spring 2009 issue of Broken Records Magazine states that Otep delves beyond music to focus on important issues.
In November 2009, It was announced that their single "Smash the Control Machine" would be used for TNA Wrestling's Final Resolution 2009 PPV on December 20th* Otep Shamaya - Vocals (2000-present)
* "Evil" J. McGuire - Bass (2000-present)
* Rob Patterson - Guitar (2001-2004, 2009-present)
* Mark "Moke" Bistany - Drums (2000-2003, 2009-present)
* Steven Barbola - Guitars (2008 - 2009)>
* Jim Prong - Guitars (2008)>
* Aaron Nordstrom - Guitars (2007 - 2008)>
* Karma Singh Cheema - Guitars (2006 - 2007)>
* Scotty CH - Guitars (2005)>
* David Gentry - Drums (2008 - 2009)>
* Brian Wolff - Drums (2005 - 2008)>
* Doug Pellerin - (2004 - 2006)>
* David Lopez - Drums (2004)>
* Scott Coogan - Drums (2003)>
* Greg Wells - Guitar & Custom Percussion on House of Secrets
* Joey Jordison - Drums on House of Secrets
* Holly Knight - Mellotron, Piano on The Ascension
* Koichi Fukuda - Piano on Smash the Control Machine
* Emilie Autumn - Violin on Smash the Control Machine
In 2010, Otep was nominated for a GLAAD Media Award GLAAD Media Awards for "Outstanding Music Artist" for their album Smash the Control Machine during the 21st GLAAD Media Awards.
* The text above is either a part or the full text originally published at http://www.wikipedia.org/
* The text above is subject to CC-BY-SA: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.