Old Man's Child Overview
Old Man's Child is a black metal band from Norway.
Old Man's Child was founded in 1993. Its roots go as far back as 1989 when Galder, Jardar, and Tjodalv were in a death death metal /thrash thrash metal band called "Requiem". The band is the brainchild of Galder (formerly known as Grusom; birth name: Thomas Rune Andersen) who is the only permanent member of the band.
Old Man's Child are rarely on tour to support their albums because of the constant line-up changes as well as Galder's touring schedule with Dimmu Borgir.
In 1996, they signed to Century Media. With a world wide distribution through this label, they gained the attention of new fans around the world.
In 2001, Galder joined Dimmu Borgir; his output though under the OMC banner has not diminished.
"Old Man's Child" stands for "Son of the Devil", or "Child of Satan", by "Old Man" referring to the Devil.
On the 9th of July 2008 OMC announced that they were to enter the Studio on the 8th of September 2008 to record their seventh studio album.
"This record will be recorded in Studio Fredman again and this is the album that Galder has spent most time on ever. It will be a very dark but raw album on which Galder has experimented quite a bit on, however it will still sound very much like OMC."* Galder - vocals, guitars, bass, and keyboards (1993-) (see also Dimmu Borgir)
Former members and session musicians
* Aldrahn (Bjørn Dencker) - vocals and lyrics (1995–1996) (see also Dødheimsgard, The DeathTrip, Thorns)
* Reno Kiilerich - drums and percussion (2005)
* Jardar (Jon Øyvind Andersen) - guitars and backing vocals (1993–1997, 1999–2003)
* Nicholas Barker - drums and percussion (2003) (see also Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Lock Up Lock Up (UK band) , Benediction Benediction (band) , Brujeria, Testament Testament (band) )
* Tjodalv (Kenneth Åkesson) - drums and percussion (1993–1995, 1999–2001) (see also Dimmu Borgir, Susperia)
* Grimar (Jan Roger Halvorsen) - drums and percussion (1999–2000)
* Memnoch (Håkon Didriksen) - bass (2000) (see also Susperia)
* Tony Kirkemo - drums and percussion (1996–1997)
* Gonde (Frode Forsmo) - bass (1995–1997)
* Brynjard Tristan - bass (1994–1995) (see also Dimmu Borgir)
* Gene Hoglan - drums and percussion (1998) (see also Death Death (metal band) , Testament Testament (band) , Dethklok, Dark Angel Dark Angel (band) , Strapping Young Lad)
* Stian Aarstad (Dimmu Borgir, Enthral)
* Peter Wildoer (Darkane) - Drums (2008)
*Born of the Flickering (1995)
*The Pagan Prosperity (1997)
*Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion (1998)
*Revelation 666 - The Curse of Damnation (2000)
*In Defiance of Existence (2003)
*Vermin Vermin (album) (2005)
*Slaves of the World (2009)
*The Historical Plague (Boxed Set) (2003)
Extended Plays & Demos
*In the Shades of Life (demo demo (music) ) (1994)
*Sons of Satan Gather for Attack (split EP with Dimmu Borgir — also known as "Devil's Path / In the Shades of Life") (1999)
* The text above is either a part or the full text originally published at http://www.wikipedia.org/
* The text above is subject to CC-BY-SA: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
Old Man's Child
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.