Norther is a Finnish Finland melodic death metal band from Helsinki, Finland whose style incorporates elements of power metal.
The history of the band starts in early 1996 under the name of Requiem, and was assembled by guitarist Petri Lindroos and drummer Toni Hallio, accompanied by two other musicians. In the beginning, the band suffered from the lack of a proper rehearsal place, but in late 1997, guitarist Alexander Kuoppala (ex-Children of Bodom) found a suitable place for them to practice at Lepakko; around this time the band decided to change their name from Requiem to Norther. Their luck was short-lived, however, as their new rehearsal place was soon to be demolished. The musicians who played with Lindroos and Hallio soon lost their motivation and quit Requiem.
After a few months, the band managed to find another rehearsal place and began looking for members to complete their line-up. After quite a few auditions, they were unable to find musicians that they deemed fit to play with them, and thus went on a hiatus, which lasted until the beginning of 1999, when they met guitarist Kristian Ranta.
In 2000 the actual Norther was formed. The members became active and with the help of two friends of Ranta - Sebastian Knight and Joakim Ekroos - the band recorded their first demo demo (music) in 2000 entitled Warlord, for the first time using the name "Norther". A promising demo led them to signing a deal with Spinefarm Records.
Due to internal problems, Ekroos and Knight left the band; this lead Norther into finding its first stable formation when bassist Jukka Koskinen and keyboardist Tuomas Planman joined the band.
When the album Dreams of Endless War was recorded and released in 2002, Norther received a positive response from the specialized press and began playing gigs in the Helsinki area. Following this, the band maintained a prolific release schedule, releasing the albums Mirror of Madness (2003), Death Unlimited (2004), Till Death Unites Us (2006), and N N (album) (2008) as well as the singles Single (music) Released Released (Norther single) (2001), Unleash Hell (2003), Spreading Death Spreading Death#Spreading Death CD single (2004), and Scream Scream (Norther song) (2006), the Mini-DVD single Spreading Death, and the EPs Solution 7 (2005), and No Way Back No Way Back (Norther EP) (2007).
In October 2005, drummer Toni Hallio left the band, leaving guitarist/vocalist Lindroos as the only remaining original member. Hallio was replaced by Heikki Saari, drummer of Virtuocity.
Norther entered Astia Studios in Lappeenranta, Finland in August/September to record their next full length album. The follow-up to 2006's "Till Death Unites Us" will be produced by Anssi Kippo. The album, N, was released on February 13, 2008. On November 21, 2007, Norther announced that they had signed a new record deal with Century Media Records, while Marquee Avalon will distribute albums in Japan.
Norther has so far played tours with Dimmu Borgir, Finntroll, Amoral Amoral (band) , Turisas and Children of Bodom.
In February 2009, Petri Lindroos was kicked out of the band for unknown reasons.t=3m18s On March 4, 2009, Norther announced Petri's departure and that he will now concentrate fully on Ensiferum.
On April 14, 2009, Norther announced the arrival of former Imperanon frontman Aleksi Sihvonen as their lead vocalist. Naildown guitarist Daniel Freyberg became a full-time member in February 2010.
* Kristian "Kride" Ranta Kristian Ranta – guitars, clean vocals (2000–present)
* Jukka "Jukkis" Koskinen Jukka Koskinen – bass bass guitar (2000–present)
* Tuomas Planman – keyboards, synthesizers (2000–present)
* Heikki Saari – drums drum kit (2005–present)
* Aleksi Sihvonen – lead vocals (2009–present)
* Daniel Freyberg – guitars (2009–present)
* Petri Lindroos – vocals, guitar (1996–2009)
* Toni Hallio – drums (1996–2005)
* Tuomas (Stubu) – bass guitar (1996–1997)
* Roni Korpas – guitar (1996–1999)
* Sebastian Knight – keyboards (2000)
* Joakim Ekroos – bass guitar (2000)
* Dreams of Endless War (2002)
* Mirror of Madness (2003)
* Death Unlimited (2004)
* Till Death Unites Us (2006)
* N N (Norther album) (2008)
Demos and EPs
* Warlord (2000)
* Solution 7 (2005)
* No Way Back No Way Back (Norther EP) (2007)
* Released Released (single) (2001)
* Unleash Hell Unleash Hell (single) (2003)
* Spreading Death Spreading Death#Spreading Death CD single (2004)
* Spreading Death (DVD) (2004)
* Scream Scream (single) (2006)Warlord is the only demo Demo (music) by the Finnish Finnish people melodic death metal band Norther, which was self-released in November 2000. Warlord was mixed in only a few hours and features a cover song of Skid Row Skid Row (heavy metal band) , "Youth Gone Wild". The song "Warlord" was renamed to "Endless War" and is identical to the song from Dreams of Endless War.
* "Youth Gone Wild" (Skid Row Skid Row (heavy metal band) ) − found on Dreams of Endless War, Released (CD single) and Warlord (Demo)
* "Final Countdown The Final Countdown (song) " (Europe Europe (band) ) − found on Dreams of Endless War
* "Smash" (The Offspring) − found on Mirror of Madness and Unleash Hell (CD single)
* "Tornado of Souls" (Megadeth) − found on Death Unlimited and Spreading Death (CD single)
* "Sabotage Sabotage (song) " (Beastie Boys) − found on N (Japanese version)
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.