Laura Pausini Overview
Laura Pausini ( ), , (born 16 May 1974, Solarolo, Ravenna Province of Ravenna )[A #notea ] is an Italian Italy singer-songwriter and record producer signed to Warner Music Group since 1993. Dubbed the "Queen of Italian pop" by entertainment news outlets, Pausini is famed for her soulful voice and romantic ballads. She is also known for multilingual music productions that span five languages—her native Italian Italian language , Spanish Spanish language , English English language , Portuguese Portuguese language and French French language .
Pausini debuted at the 43rd Annual Sanremo Music Festival Festival della canzone italiana in 1993. Her first place victory come to define her career and compound her success". In 2001, she recapped eight years of success with a greatest hits album, issued in the two customary editions—Italian and Spanish. Following a failed English-language crossover attempt in 2002, Pausini returned with the galvanizing studio album Escucha Resta in ascolto (2004). The recording garnered a Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Album in 2006.
As of March 2009, Pausini maintains worldwide record sales in excess of 45 million. In 2004, with Pausini's sales tally at only 25 million, Allmusic's Jason Birchmeier considered this "an impressive feat for someone who'd never really broken into the lucrative English–language market".
Laura is the eldest of two daughters born to Fabrizio Pausini and Gianna Ballardini. Alluding to Pausini's autobiographical track "Viaggio con te" (2000), Valentina Khalife of Miami New Times affirms, "Playful strings suggest that the singer grew up happily with the help of her father's love". She started to sing in local piano bars with her father Fabrizio, a musician and singer, when she was only eight years old. At the age of thirteen, Laura had her first recording experience with the album I sogni di Laura (Laura's Dreams), a semi-professional release produced by her father in 1987. In 1993 her career was launched when she won the prestigious Italian Sanremo Music Festival with one of her best known songs, "La solitudine". On the 2nd of June 2007, Laura Pausini was the first female artist to play at the San Siro Stadium in Milan, Italy in front of a crowd of 70,000 spectators. Later that year the concert was released on CD and DVD and became very successful in Italy and Spain.
On 8 November 2007, Laura won a Latin Grammy Award for the best female album with 'Yo Canto', the Spanish version of the album 'Io Canto'. Laura dedicated the award to the memory of Italian legend Luciano Pavarotti. Later on during the show she sang songs from her album 'Yo Canto' alongside Italian singer Andrea Bocelli.
In 2008 Laura spent most of her time in the studio, recording another new album. Her tenth studio album called Primavera in anticipo was first released in its Spanish language edition Primavera Anticipada Primavera in anticipo on November 11, 2008 in the hispanophone market, then was released in the Italian language edition in Italy on November 14, 2008. The international version of the album was released on November 18 in Spain, Portugal, France, the United Kingdom United Kingdom , Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Poland, Turkey, Malta and other European countries. On December 1, 2008, the album was released in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela. In 2009, Laura Pausini began a new World tour, starting in Italy and across Europe, then to North America and South America.;'Billboard Latin Music Awards'
* 2006 2006 Latin Billboard Music Awards : Latin Pop Airplay Song Of The Year, Female / "Víveme"
* 2006 Grammy Awards of 2006 : Best Latin Pop Album Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Album / Escucha Resta in ascolto
;'Latin Grammy Awards'
* 2005 Latin Grammy Awards of 2005 : Best Female Pop Vocal Album Latin Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album, Female / Escucha
* 2007 Latin Grammy Awards of 2007 : Best Female Pop Vocal Album / Yo Canto
* 2009 Latin Grammy Awards of 2009 : Best Female Pop Vocal Album / Primavera Anticipada Primavera in anticipo
;'Premio Lo Nuestro'
* 1995: Best New Pop Artist
* 2006 Lo Nuestro 2006 : Best Female Pop Artist
* 2010: Best Female Pop Artist
;'World Music Awards'
* 1994: Best-Selling Italian Artist
* 2003: Best-Selling Italian Artist
* 2007: Best-Selling Italian Artist
;'ASCAP American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Latin Music Awards'
* 2002: Best pop ballad - "Volveré junto a ti"
* 2006: Best pop ballad - "Viveme"
* 2006: Best theme from a soap opera - "Viveme"
* 2007: Best pop ballad - "Como si no nos hubieramos amado"
* 2010: Best pop ballad - "En cambio no"
;'Platinum Europe Award'
* 1996: In recognition of European sales in excess of 1 million for the album "Laura Pausini"
* 1996: In recognition of European sales in excess of 1 million for the album "Laura"
* 1997: In recognition of European sales in excess of 1 million for the album "Le cose che vivi"
* 2002: In recognition of European sales in excess of 1 million for the album "The best of Laura Pausini"
;'Wind Music Awards'
* 2007: One award for the CD Io Canto
* 2008: Two awards for the CD and DVD of the San Siro concert
* 2009: One award for the CD Primavera in anticipo- Commendatore Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana Italian orders of merit : Awarded the fourth highest civil honor in Italy, by President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi on February 6, 2006.;'Studio albums'
*1993: Laura Pausini Laura Pausini (1993 album)
*1994: Laura Laura (Laura Pausini album)
*1994: Laura Pausini Laura Pausini (1994 album) (Spanish)
*1996: Le cose che vivi / Las cosas que vives Le cose che vivi
*1998: La mia risposta / Mi respuesta La mia risposta
*2000: Tra te e il mare / Entre tú y mil mares Tra te e il mare
*2001: From the Inside From the Inside (Laura Pausini album)
*2004: Resta in ascolto / Escucha Resta in ascolto
*2006: Io canto / Yo canto Io canto
*2008: Primavera in anticipo / Primavera anticipada Primavera in anticipo
*1995: Laura Pausini Laura Pausini (1995 album) (Italian-only compilation)
*2001: The Best of Laura Pausini: E ritorno da te / Lo mejor de Laura Pausini: Volveré junto a ti The Best of Laura Pausini: E ritorno da te
*2001: World Tour 2001-2002 Live 2001-2002 World Tour
*2005: Live in Paris 05
*2007: San Siro 2007
*2009: Laura Live World Tour 09 / Laura Live Gira Mundial 09 Laura Live World Tour 09
*1987: I sogni di Laura* 1997: World Wide Tour 1997
* 1999: World Tour 1999
* 2001–2002: World Tour 2001–2002
* 2005: World Tour 2005
* 2006: Juntos en Concierto Tour 2006
* 2007: San Siro live
* 2009: World Tour 2009
* The text above is either a part or the full text originally published at http://www.wikipedia.org/
* The text above is subject to CC-BY-SA: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.