Lagwagon is an American United States punk rock band originally from Goleta Goleta, California , just outside Santa Barbara, California. Their name comes from the band's old tour van, which can been seen on the back cover of the album Trashed. The band has 10 releases through Fat Wreck Chords: seven studio albums, one EP, one live album and a collection of B-sides, compilation tracks and demos.
The band went on hiatus around 2000 and reunited in 2002, releasing the album Blaze Blaze (album) the following year. In 2004, frontman Joey Cape released a split album with No Use for a Name vocalist Tony Sly featuring acoustic versions of songs by both bands. On November 1, 2005, Lagwagon released Resolve Resolve (album) , which is a homage to the life of Derrick Plourde, original drummer for Lagwagon and Bad Astronaut. Lagwagon's most recent release is the 2008 EP I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon. Despite earlier reports that the band would begin recording their next studio album by 2009, Lagwagon is currently on hiatus from touring and writing. Most recently, Cape has been going solo, releasing Bridge Bridge (Joey Cape album) in 2008 and Doesn't Play Well with Others in 2009.
Cape is also a member of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and The Playing Favorites, and was previously in Bad Astronaut.
In January 2010, Joey Cape announced during an interview with Canada's Exclaim! magazine that Jesse Buglione has left Lagwagon, having been with the band since its foundation in 1990. However, Cape dismissed rumors of Lagwagon breaking up. While he's not sure if Lagwagon will ever make a new album or embark on another full-scale tour, he's open to playing shows and possibly recording and releasing new Lagwagon songs sporadically. JesseJesse Buglione confirmed his departure on Lagwagon's official message board himself, as reported by sputnikmusic.com and punknews.org..
*Joey Cape - Vocals
*Chris Flippin - Guitar
*Chris Rest - Guitar
*Dave Raun - Drums
*Shawn Dewey - Guitar (1990-1997)
*Ken Stringfellow - Guitar (1997)
*Jesse Buglione - Bass (1990-2010)
*Derrick Plourde - Drums (1990-1996) (deceased)
*Lindsay McDougall - Guitar (Nov 2008)
*Scott Shiflett - Guitar (Sept 2008)
*Chris Shiflett - Guitar (summer 1996)
Singles and music videos
* Island of Shame from Trashed
* Razor Burn from Hoss Hoss (album)
* Falling Apart from Blaze Blaze (album)
* Heartbreaking Music from Resolve Resolve (album)
* "Know It All" and "Mr. Coffee" on Fat Music For Fat People
* "Sleep" and "Laymens Terms" on Survival of the Fattest
* "Raise a Family" on Physical Fatness
* "May 16" on Life in the Fat Lane
* "Alison's Disease" on Live Fat, Die Young
* "Never Stops" on Uncontrollable Fatulence
* "Randal Gets Drunk" on Short Music for Short People
* "Failure" on Warped Tour 1998 Tour Compilation from Double Plaidinum
* "Dinner and a Movie" on Warped Tour 2002 Tour Compilation from Blaze
* "Falling Apart" on Warped Tour 2003 Tour Compilation from Blaze
* "S.O.S. (One Man Army)" on 'Let Them Know - The Story of Youth Brigade and BYO Records'
* The text above is either a part or the full text originally published at http://www.wikipedia.org/
* The text above is subject to CC-BY-SA: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.