Crematory is a gothic metal/death metal band formed in Mannheim, Germany in 1991.
The band received its earliest recognition in the mid-1990s by touring with My Dying Bride, Tiamat Tiamat (band) and Atrocity Atrocity (band) . Much like the latter two groups, the band had begun as traditional death metal, then evolved with an industrial music and gothic metal musical direction on later albums. The band would receive heavy rotation on MTV Germany,, and would also make appearances at various extreme metal festivals, including Germany's Wacken Open Air in the years 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2008, in addition to inclusion on Nuclear Blast compilation samplers.
The band re-signed to Massacre Records in 2006 after a 10 year stint with Nuclear Blast; Massacre had been the band's first label.
Active for almost 20 years (with a brief split between 2001 and 2003) they are among one of Europe's longest running bands affiliated with the gothic metal genre.
*Gerhard Stass - vocals Singing (1991–present)
*Matthias Hechler - guitar and vocals (1998–present)
*Katrin Goger - keyboards Keyboard instrument (1992–present)
*Harald Heine - bass guitar (1993–present)
*Markus Jüllich - drums Drum kit (1991–present)
*Marc Zimmer - bass, vocals (1991–1993)
*Lothar "Lotte" Forst - guitar, vocals (1991–1998)
Sessional live members
*Heinz Steinhauser - bass, vocals (1993)
* Crematory Crematory (demo) (1992)
* Transmigration Transmigration (album) (1993)
* …Just Dreaming (1994)
* Illusions Illusions (Crematory album) (1995)
* Crematory (Das Deutsche Album) Crematory (Crematory album) (1996)
* Awake Awake (Crematory album) (1997)
* Act Seven (1999)
* Believe Believe (Crematory album) (2000)
* Revolution Revolution (Crematory album) (2004)
* Klagebilder (2006)
* Pray Pray (Crematory Album) (2008)
* Infinity Infinity (Crematory album) (2010)
* Live... At The Out Of The Dark Festivals (1997)
* Remind (2001)
* LiveRevolution (2005)
* Ist Es Wahr (1996)
* Fly (1999)
* Greed (2004)
* Early Years (1999)
* Remind (2001)*One of the founding members was Bassist Marc Zimmer, who would leave the band in 1992 to focus on Mystic Circle.
*Jüllich and Goger are married.
*The band collaborate in the tribute album to Metallica, called A Tribute to the Four Horsemen, with the song "One".
All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
On LyricsInfo.org you can find lyrics, album names, artist overviews, history, current and past members of bands, listen and watch videos.